Saturday, March 29, 2008

Wherein complaints are made and fatigue is discussed

Honestly, if someone offered to move my flight to right now, I would take it. Rome is utterly fantastic in every way shape and form, and my very presence here ignites a fiery passion and reverence in me only rarely felt before. That said, I just had the most gorgeous day here, and saw Rome from 3 different overlooking hills, and I ain't gonna top that. Won't even try.

Also I am very tired. And my feet hurt.

And now, the part where I distill a month of traveling into one, poignant sentence, which at once captures the very essence of differences that entice us and the similarities that welcome us across this great union of Europe, as well as expounds upon my newfound cultural understanding of these four great nations:

People talk funny over here.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Pat, that's utterly the most exquisitely beautiful travelog ever written. Your one, poignant summation sentence is also quite unique in its simplicity...and it's hilarious, of course. Sorry your feet hurt, but sounds like it was worth it.

March 29, 2008 at 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, didn't you use that "fiery passion and reverence" line after you saw the movie 'nacho libre'??

March 29, 2008 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

I don't believe I've ever seen Nacho Libre, actually. What might you be implying, Not Christo?

March 30, 2008 at 2:53 AM  
Blogger JKB said...

I was brought to tears, lord byron-in-training, when reading that, as Mom put it, poignant, yet simple blog. However, can it not also be said that in addition to talking funny, our EU brethren seem to really love scarves? We're looking forward to Monday.

March 30, 2008 at 5:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's pat, just to lazy to login right now. Turns out it was really f'ing great that my flight was not on Saturday, so I take back that part at least.

April 1, 2008 at 5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your cafeboring.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

January 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home