Thursday, March 20, 2008

Paris Pics Part 3

These pics cover 2 days in Paris, unlike the prior posts which each cover 1 day. On these two days I went to Versailles, went to the Arc D'Triomphe, and hiked up Montmatre (yes I am just guessing at these spellings, and when possible, I will spell differently each time).


All the doors in Versailles look like this. When I build a palace (following the reinstatement of the French Monarchy and my abrupt ascention into it) I will make the doors black and silver. I will call it Bizzarro Versailles, and everyone will think I am so cool.


This is Luis XIV. He was looking directly at me until I asked if his named was pronounced 'Siv', 'Shiv', or Sciv'.


So this is the hall of mirrors, and that is me, clearly using the room to its full advantage. It's hard to tell it's me, but trust me, I'm at least 75% positive I successfully took a picture of myself.


The view of the Eiffel Tower from the Arc D'Triomphe. It's a sad fact that you can't photograph the monument you are currently standing on in any great splendor. Thus you must climb atop another monument to take a good picture of it. Trust me, it's a cycle that never ends.


I'm trying to come up with a pun about doors or something, but no luck as of yet. It'd be easier if he were in a masoleum with, you know, an actual door on it. Turns out Oscar Wilde is in this same cemetary, his trademark wit only slightly hampered by time. And death.


I have no idea how to spell this one, but it sounds like Sock Wrecker, so let's go with that. It's big and sufficiently churchy, plus it's at the very top of a kickass hill. I always feel weird going into churches as a tourist since most of them are still active churches, and this one was no exception. I always know when I've overstayed my welcome, once my face starts melting all Raiders of the Lost Ark style.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could it be Sacre-Coeur? Pronounced 'sock wrecker' of course...

March 20, 2008 at 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home